What song do you dread seeing in the Queue/Coming Up list?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

amychester

What song do you dread seeing in the Queue/Coming Up list?

Post by amychester » Oct Tue 12, 2004 9:25 am

When you go to "Now Playing", which song, if any, sitting there in the queue makes you cringe? Not to offend any one else's taste, and certainly not to offend the brilliant and skilled Subsonic himself, I'm just curious.

And we can't all say "it's a small world"!

I vote either - disneyland - parades & shows - parade - main street - every day's a holiday parade (one because I've never seen it and two because I'm not ready to be in a holiday mood and three because it's really long) or Star Tours - that ride made me so dizzy and nauseaous when I rode it the music just brings it all back.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

for me

Post by sockfire » Oct Tue 12, 2004 11:15 am

For me it's the track length that makes me cringe. When a 45 minute track comes up, I know we'll lose listeners :( I can't think of any tracks that I actually dislike though... we took most of them out of the playlist ;)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Tue 12, 2004 11:44 am

Great question!

A lot of the Parades & Shows bug me. Especially the ones I haven't seen. I agree, the Everyday's a Holiday parade is probably the most annoying.

Also, stuff I've heard over and over again bothers me, especially if it's a long track. "Haunted Mansion - Full Ride" & "Pirates - Full Ride" are such heavy hitters I'll sometimes remove them from the queue.

amychester

Post by amychester » Oct Tue 12, 2004 3:04 pm

yeah, sockfire, I kinda agree on length. Although, the EPCOT entrance medley 1982 is in the queue right now, and that's almost 30 min, BUT, it's got a lot of variety in it with music themes from all over Future World, so I love it.

I saw the Land area music selection is about 1 hour - yikes! I've not heard it yet, is it worth a whole hour?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: for me

Post by horizons1 » Oct Tue 12, 2004 4:05 pm

sockfire wrote:For me it's the track length that makes me cringe.
I dunno, Sock, some of the longer pieces make great background music while I work.

For me, I dread the Haunted Mansion clips. There seems to be a billion of them!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

waltsentme

Post by waltsentme » Oct Tue 12, 2004 5:45 pm

I vote on track lenth too. Maybe we should make it like the length of the rides - around 15 minutes max.

The killer for me right now is the Sci Fi Diner track, which, although interesting, is endless. I wish we could break that one up into a few pieces!
:shock:

Cheers!
David

sockfire

i'm for variety and cool background music

Post by sockfire » Oct Tue 12, 2004 11:01 pm

I'm for whatever keeps the most listeners on for the longest period of time.

I agree about the background music at work though. It's also great background music when you are cleaning the house. For me, it helps to have a local copy to play so I don't have to make everyone on the stream listen to 60 minutes of The Land or 45 minutes of Sci-fi Diner when they'd rather hear more variety.

europa

Post by europa » Oct Wed 27, 2004 3:29 pm

I'm started to dred all the Haunted Mansion songs...too many versions of the same song! The parades aren't my favorite either. Almost everything else I enjoy, even "it's a small world"! I just got back from Disneyland, and my two year-old wanted to ride Small World over and over. Seven times in two days, and I still wasn't sick of it! Weird, huh? My wife and I started noticing intricate details about the ride...what else could we do?! :)

Vonderbach

Post by Vonderbach » Oct Wed 27, 2004 3:59 pm

Two words "El" and "len"

:mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong, she's funny, and entertaining... but I could really do without seeing or hearing her at Disney World. I like to escape from reality.

europa

Post by europa » Oct Wed 27, 2004 4:41 pm

I want to change my answer. I don't like the Blast! songs. I know they are a great band, but most of their songs have nothing to do with Disney. :x

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Thu 04, 2004 2:34 am

usually the looped songs i dread. another is that Journey Into Imagination song/ride- for some reason the voice scares me.

eeeh and its on right now! :shock:
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Sanapunk

Post by Sanapunk » Nov Sun 07, 2004 1:20 am

I dread anything from California Adventure. Oh, and the holiday parade : )

One thing I'll never get sick of hearing, no matter how many versions of it there are..."It's fuuunnn to be freeee!!!"

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Sun 07, 2004 10:09 pm

Sanapunk wrote:I dread anything from California Adventure. Oh, and the holiday parade : )

One thing I'll never get sick of hearing, no matter how many versions of it there are..."It's fuuunnn to be freeee!!!"
wow anything from CA Adventure? thats harsh.

anyways, another track i hear way too often is the entire show of Carousel of Progress...if have to hear that dog bark one more time....
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

zenmondo

Post by zenmondo » Nov Sun 07, 2004 11:10 pm

We are in the middle of "walt disney world - epcot - world showcase - china
area - loop full" Oh man... this is killing me! 29:40 ?!?!?!?!!? Wow.

I will forever dread this. Last night there was a more-than-full ride through of the Haunted Mansion, but I loved it. For the first time I got to hear the each section of the ride in its entirety, instead of whatever snippet I happen to ride past in my doombuggy.

6:40 left in the China loop. I can make it through this....

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Mon 08, 2004 12:23 am

zenmondo wrote:We are in the middle of "walt disney world - epcot - world showcase - china
area - loop full" Oh man... this is killing me! 29:40 ?!?!?!?!!? Wow.
That's nothing. "Ellen's Energy Adventure is over 40 minutes long, and there are 2 others from EPCOT (the Land and Wonders of Life area music loops) that are almost an hour each.