Subsonics Frapper Map!

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Thu 02, 2007 9:09 am

Hypermommy wrote:I dunnno..... I want to add myself becuase I want to be a "fully functional" member of this site. But I worry about letting people specifically know where I am. The way I figure it, someone could find out my last name somehow on this site. And then if they do that and I've let them know what city I'm in, it's pretty easy to find me. Or worse, my kids. Anyone ever think of things like that or am I being paranoid?
it doesn't show EXACTLY where you live, down to the street you live on. It shows the general area - the town/city you live in. You can also add it so iy shows a nickname only, not your real name (unless that's what you put in). no need to feel paranoid. plus, we're all Disney fans, not exactly the kind of people who go stalking others... :lol:
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Thu 02, 2007 9:57 am

danimal3114u wrote:Still relatively new to the board (been listening for about three years), but added myself in SD, CA
Woah, that would mean you've been listening right around when this site started.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Thu 02, 2007 10:20 am

subsonic wrote:
danimal3114u wrote:Still relatively new to the board (been listening for about three years), but added myself in SD, CA
Woah, that would mean you've been listening right around when this site started.
I would feel very privelged, then. I do remember when there were only one or two themes, and the interface, while still awesome, was nothing as effective and wonderful to use as it is now. I was so excited to see the treasures addition! I listen to only three radio stations anywhere, one is 94.9 FM in San Diego, one is Radio Paradise internet, and the other is of course Subsonic. Thanks for staying with us and the site for so long! It means a lot to me that such a great site/station can stay up and active for so long. I can't imagine the work you put into keeping everything running, but it is very much appreciated!

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Thu 02, 2007 5:25 pm

js3901 wrote:it doesn't show EXACTLY where you live, down to the street you live on. It shows the general area - the town/city you live in. You can also add it so iy shows a nickname only, not your real name (unless that's what you put in). no need to feel paranoid. plus, we're all Disney fans, not exactly the kind of people who go stalking others... :lol:
I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I would tend to think that Disney fans wouldn't go around stalking others, but when you think about it, what do we really know about each other. Especially newbies like me. But then again, on the other hand (I start to feel like Tevye when I get like this) I have been absolutely amazed at some of the stuff that's been returned to Lost and Found on our vacations.

The town would be enough with my last name to find us.... but maybe I'll put in Hypermommy. That's how everyone knows me anyway :D
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Aug Thu 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Part of the reason I don't add myself to Subsonic's map is because of the fear you feel, Hypermommy.

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Aug Thu 02, 2007 7:24 pm

if you do not want people to know your home town use the Zip code 92804 (Thats around Disneyland) I understand how you can feel but you can be anonymous and even use a fake name. I think it is a great way to show where you are listening from. I would say if you are from AZ and are close but still pretty far put Phoenix as your location.

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Aug Thu 02, 2007 8:45 pm

Ah! I gave in! I added myself. That wasn't so bad.

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Mon 06, 2007 3:06 pm

Okay, I did it! :-) But quick question -- the map admin... is that you Subsonic? If so (and whoever it is if not) I noticed your name on there is Eagle4Life69. BSA Eagle in '69? If so congrats!! That's another one of my passions is Scouting.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Tue 07, 2007 9:57 am

Eagle4Life is another user. He's the one who set up the Frapper map.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Aug Thu 09, 2007 4:24 am

Hypermommy wrote:Okay, I did it! :-) But quick question -- the map admin... is that you Subsonic? If so (and whoever it is if not) I noticed your name on there is Eagle4Life69. BSA Eagle in '69? If so congrats!! That's another one of my passions is Scouting.
I am an Eagle Scout (though most never get it or have any Idea on how much work it is and how much people know what you live by) Thanks. I didn't get it in 69 at the time I got the screen name about 98 I found that other people had taken the 67 others. I now run everything out of Eagle4life69, Google me and you can almost guarantee it is me typing it.

I have eagles all around the house and it is really a staple to this day on how I live my life.

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Thu 09, 2007 6:31 am

Well, I certainly get it and know how much work is involved. Congratulations!! It's a shame that so many people don't understand how much work is involved. I'm hoping my sons will make Eagle, but my 13yo doesn't seem to be all that interested in rank advancement. I'm taking the advice of some young men I know who made Eagle right before their 18th birthday and letting it be his thing, which is very difficult for a control freak such as myself.

You may be interested in a site I'm working on and hope to get up within the next few weeks (if I can find some time). It's called scoutingwiththemouse.com and will be a resource for folks to go to. Basically, it'll list all the different things that can be done at Disneyworld (and land and DLP one day) that will help fulfill Scouting requirements. I'm starting with Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts since that's what I know, but I will eventually add to the site to include Girl Scouts and requriements from other countries as well.

Anyway.... just wanted to say congrats becuase it is such an accomplishment!

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Thu 09, 2007 10:02 am

Hypermommy wrote:Well, I certainly get it and know how much work is involved. Congratulations!! It's a shame that so many people don't understand how much work is involved. I'm hoping my sons will make Eagle, but my 13yo doesn't seem to be all that interested in rank advancement. I'm taking the advice of some young men I know who made Eagle right before their 18th birthday and letting it be his thing, which is very difficult for a control freak such as myself.

You may be interested in a site I'm working on and hope to get up within the next few weeks (if I can find some time). It's called scoutingwiththemouse.com and will be a resource for folks to go to. Basically, it'll list all the different things that can be done at Disneyworld (and land and DLP one day) that will help fulfill Scouting requirements. I'm starting with Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts since that's what I know, but I will eventually add to the site to include Girl Scouts and requriements from other countries as well.

Anyway.... just wanted to say congrats becuase it is such an accomplishment!
Sounds like a very cool site!

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Thu 09, 2007 10:42 am

I hope so. If subsonic doesn't mind, I'll let you guys know when it's up.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Thu 09, 2007 10:46 am

Yes, it's totally fine. :)

TheGreatGonzo
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by TheGreatGonzo » Aug Fri 10, 2007 7:18 am

eagle4life69 wrote:
Hypermommy wrote:Okay, I did it! :-) But quick question -- the map admin... is that you Subsonic? If so (and whoever it is if not) I noticed your name on there is Eagle4Life69. BSA Eagle in '69? If so congrats!! That's another one of my passions is Scouting.
I am an Eagle Scout (though most never get it or have any Idea on how much work it is and how much people know what you live by) Thanks. I didn't get it in 69 at the time I got the screen name about 98 I found that other people had taken the 67 others. I now run everything out of Eagle4life69, Google me and you can almost guarantee it is me typing it.

I have eagles all around the house and it is really a staple to this day on how I live my life.
I realized what it was from the start Eagle and congratulations. I didn't think you were old enough for the 69 part being the year. Best I did was Life because my family moved before I made Eagle and I didn't get back into Scouting for a few years, but I am still heavily involved after over 40 years with a few years off back in the 70's. My main "job" now is in the Order of the Arrow as the Adviser to the Membership Records Coordinator (that means I keep the Lodge database running and up to date).