Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

headgeek
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Park Videos - A day at the Magic Kingdom

Post by headgeek » Jul Fri 13, 2018 10:10 am

General question:

Does it bug anyone else that the Disney Park Video Tapes/DVDs, specifically "A day at the Magic Kingdom", has audio tracks that don't match the real attractions? A lot of the attractions are presented with audio that almost mocks the actual recordings. I would usually think that it was a licensing issue, but I can't imagine that Disney doesn't own 100% of the media that is created specific to the parks... allowing them to do whatever they want with the audio, including souvenir videos.

I know that there are some obvious exclusions, such attractions such as Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. I've heard that their license is very strict and the photopass photographers in the area are limited to what can be in the photographed (as if the band's name is in their photo, Disney has to pay them royalties.)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Park Videos - A day at the Magic Kingdom

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 13, 2018 4:28 pm

I always just figured it was because most people wouldn't want to listen to the whole attraction as a soundtrack ~ good question though!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Thu 19, 2018 7:55 pm

When I posted my DLR trip report, I had uploaded a short video of one of the DLR Main Street USA bands playing - like 25-30 seconds or so. Well in the 30 minutes it took to upload my videos and start my trip report on this site, the video had been removed, with a note saying it was deleted by the "owner" of the music. So maybe it's that kind of thing.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 20, 2018 7:28 am

cy1229 wrote:When I posted my DLR trip report, I had uploaded a short video of one of the DLR Main Street USA bands playing - like 25-30 seconds or so. Well in the 30 minutes it took to upload my videos and start my trip report on this site, the video had been removed, with a note saying it was deleted by the "owner" of the music. So maybe it's that kind of thing.
Wow ~ was it through youtube? I've heard lots of people having problems with anything containing music on there.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Fri 20, 2018 2:15 pm

That's surprising that the video was removed for a live band recording. It must've been really close to something copyrighted. It's getting harder and harder to share stuff. Even Facebook is getting strict on blocking some audio.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Sat 21, 2018 6:43 am

No it was on Photobucket. I just figured Disney has an algorithm that searches the Internet for key music phrases, then flags them for review.

It's whatever. I still have the video I shot.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016