Epcot background music

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Epcot background music

Post by Captain Schnemo » Oct Sun 30, 2005 7:04 pm

Is there some legal source for all that stuff? The outdoor loops from the entrance and fountain area are excellent, but I also love all the incidental music from Horizons, the Living Seas, Spaceship Earth, etc.

The FAQ basically says to sniff around the Net for these things, but I'm perfectly willing to pay for legit CDs, if they're available. Thanks.

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Mon 31, 2005 3:46 am

Capn,

Love your handle... Great photo too!

You're in luck! Disney just released a compilation set -- See a thread on this here:
viewtopic.php?t=942&highlight=cds

There are several tracks from Epcot here on Subsonic that are just great, including Illuminations and Tapestry parade... And, Subsonic just added "An Evening at Epcot" which I think covers the exit/closing music which is really nice -- although I don't see how I could ever have enough points to request it... Anyone know if it plays at the end of the scheduled Epcot streamcast?
No, no... He's got a point.

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Oct Mon 31, 2005 11:51 am

That compilation looks terrific, but WDW is my home park and it's the Epcot music I'm most interested in. This site has a lot (maybe most) of what I'm looking for, but I'd like to be able to have some CDs to pop in that give me large amounts of pleasant background noise to work to (without the occasional ghost shrieking and such).

Were these background tracks ever at the WDW Forever kiosks?
On the surface there is hunger and fear. Men still exercise unjust laws. They fight, tear one another to pieces. A mere few feet beneath the waves their reign ceases, their evil drowns. Here on the ocean floor is the only independence.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Oct Mon 31, 2005 1:34 pm

Try going to www.d-magicradio.com and look at the show schedule to see when they will be playing only Epcot music. But I think you will be back here soon. Sub's got the best variety here even if you have to put up with the occasional shrieking ghost!

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Oct Mon 31, 2005 1:46 pm

I'm not looking for another radio station, I'm trying to get my hands on the original source material (or at least find out if that is possible).

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Oct Mon 31, 2005 2:51 pm

As far as I understand, the vast, vast majority of incidental/area music has not been released on CD. Disney has only recently, it appears, even realized there is a market for its theme park audio (hence the 5-disc "Musical History of Disneyland")...

If you are internet-savvy enough to know about/how to use UseNet newsgroups, alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks is my favorite source, though the activity there varies wildly month-to-month.

And no, I'm in no position to explain UseNet or give a tutorial, but I can point you to a company that sells UseNet access for the uninitiated: www.easynews.com
~Steve

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Oct Mon 31, 2005 4:00 pm

Thanks, I'll check out the newsgroups. How do the newsgroup posters typically get the tracks? Are they all Disney employees and friends of friends of Disney employees?

And, either way, in what form are they getting them? Are they somehow getting copies of original master tracks, or are they sitting near a speaker during light park hours with a concealed microphone?

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Oct Mon 31, 2005 4:10 pm

I know some of the Epcot tracks are from other sources that are at Amazon. Cusco does a number of pre-Illuminations background tracks. Yanni is also featured in some Future World tracks. I'm not sure if anyone has compiled a list of artists and pared them to area music in Epcot, it would be great to have. I wish WDW would do a multi-disc set for Epcot, that would be worth it, esp. if it is as good as the DL one! The Sound of Magic site has a minor list of them which could at least get you started...
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Oct Mon 31, 2005 4:28 pm

Schnemo,

While I can't speak in generalities to how the posters on a.b.m.d.p. "find" their tracks, I can tell you the quality and substance of the tracks runs the gamut from "live" recordings to original masters/studio cuts. Some of the "live" recordings are so bad as to make them unlistenable, while others are very good, clear versions with little crowd noise.

It's all something of a crapshoot, I'm afraid.
~Steve

MateoJD
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by MateoJD » Dec Mon 05, 2005 4:50 am

G2-4T wrote:I know some of the Epcot tracks are from other sources that are at Amazon. Cusco does a number of pre-Illuminations background tracks. Yanni is also featured in some Future World tracks. I'm not sure if anyone has compiled a list of artists and pared them to area music in Epcot, it would be great to have. I wish WDW would do a multi-disc set for Epcot, that would be worth it, esp. if it is as good as the DL one! The Sound of Magic site has a minor list of them which could at least get you started...
I bought "The Essential Cusco" CD, and it's worth it. With a lot of these artists, it seems that all the music on their CDs is just as high quality as the one or two tracks picked of for background music. A good resource for lots of Disney park tracks is SoundofMagic.com. They have a great "Fountain of Nations" selection. Definately check it out.

Manncab

Post by Manncab » Dec Tue 06, 2005 5:29 pm

I am the sucker who donated that track of A night at Epcot,
for those of you who havent heard it yet its all the world showcase music leading up to illuminations with the 20, 15, 10, 5 min warnings of the show starting its the whole tapesry of dreams as well as the firworks and then the "Get Out we are closed now " and the exit music its over a hour of great music :lol:

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Dec Tue 06, 2005 5:40 pm

MateoJD wrote:A good resource for lots of Disney park tracks is SoundofMagic.com.
Thanks for the tip! Some of that stuff is exactly what I'm looking for. I really appreciate it.

MateoJD

Post by MateoJD » Dec Wed 07, 2005 1:43 am

Captain Schnemo wrote:
MateoJD wrote:A good resource for lots of Disney park tracks is SoundofMagic.com.
Thanks for the tip! Some of that stuff is exactly what I'm looking for. I really appreciate it.
No problem, just glad to help!

I43taffy
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by I43taffy » Dec Fri 09, 2005 1:31 am

Manncab wrote:I am the sucker who donated that track of A night at Epcot,
for those of you who havent heard it yet its all the world showcase music leading up to illuminations with the 20, 15, 10, 5 min warnings of the show starting its the whole tapesry of dreams as well as the firworks and then the "Get Out we are closed now " and the exit music its over a hour of great music :lol:
oh my gosh, I LOVE that music, thanks so much for adding it! Where did you find it by the way?

bayouminnie

Post by bayouminnie » Dec Sun 18, 2005 5:17 pm

Another question about EPCOT music:

Is there any way to label the "fountain" music tracks better? I just spent 270 of my valuable points on the wrong music! I was salivating over the fountain show music that ends with the "pow pow pow". :cry: