Slack

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

buenavista
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Slack

Post by buenavista » May Sun 08, 2016 11:12 am

Hi - When I try to sign up for Slack at this location, http://www.subsonicradio.com/chat/slack_invite.php, I receive an error that says: something went wrong, try again. I think I read somewhere that this could mean I'm already on the list.

But when I go to subsonicradio.slack.com, I am unable to sign in with my email and my subsonicradio.com password. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks!
Travis

PS Love Slack. I use it for work and other groups.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Slack

Post by cy1229 » May Sun 08, 2016 9:47 pm

buenavista wrote:Hi - When I try to sign up for Slack at this location, http://www.subsonicradio.com/chat/slack_invite.php, I receive an error that says: something went wrong, try again. I think I read somewhere that this could mean I'm already on the list.

But when I go to subsonicradio.slack.com, I am unable to sign in with my email and my subsonicradio.com password. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks!
Travis

PS Love Slack. I use it for work and other groups.
Subsonic is going to have to spell out the particulars, but here's what I do know. If you're already signed up for Slack, and it sounds like you are, then trying to sign up again with the link is going to result in the error message you got. I know this because I had signed up, forgot I did, then tried to sign up again. Oooopppsss....

So what you're probably going to need to do is sign into Slack like you normally would, then add Subsonicradio to your groups.

And of course confirm this with people who know what they're talking about, like Subsonic or yzfdonor.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

buenavista

Post by buenavista » May Fri 20, 2016 9:36 am

Thank you for the info. I tried to sign into Slack and add the subsonicradio group, but no luck.

QQ: Just want to verify that that we should be using the email in our profile and our password on subsonicradio.com to sign into the slack channel.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Sun 22, 2016 10:35 am

buenavista wrote:Thank you for the info. I tried to sign into Slack and add the subsonicradio group, but no luck.

QQ: Just want to verify that that we should be using the email in our profile and our password on subsonicradio.com to sign into the slack channel.
I think that will be best.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

buenavista

Post by buenavista » Jun Mon 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Success! I didn't realize I needed to reset my password. I thought my existing Subsonicradio forum password was to be used.