Soarin and Living Seas updates!

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

BleuLlama
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Soarin and Living Seas updates!

Post by BleuLlama » Jun Tue 16, 2015 12:18 pm

So you all know. The Soarin' and Living Seas channels have both been updated as of this morning!

I was unhappy with the way that they sounded in general. Glitchy, flat, empty, confused. I changed all of that.

Living Seas tracks were mostly mono, so I have enhanced them for stereo as I had for the Star Tunnel tracks last year.
The Soarin tracks were just a mess. A lot of glitches, tracks that began with the end of the previous tracks, etc. I went in and rebuilt all of our tracks and have made other tweaks to improve the overall sound quality.

Both are not "shuffle" order anymore, but instead follow a specific play order which I feel works and flows well for the content.

Living Seas now flows through an order of: intro, descent, music, ascent, boarding loop(*) then full loop including other tracks.

(*) The loop repeats 5 times, and was reconstructed from content from 3 of our files that were chopped up and broken a bit. meh.

I also went in and cleaned up the song tags (song name, etc) especially for the Soarin' Condor Flats area music tracks. So instead of a track simply called "Air Force One" it is known by its correct name "Welcome Aboard, Sir" from the Air Force One soundtrack by jerry Goldsmith. It turns out, there's over 2 and a half hours of "area music" for Soarin, including current loops at Epcot and California Adventure, as well as an older loop at about 30 minutes. I decided to stick with exclusively the 6 tracks we had already, so that we can focus more on the attraction's soundtrack. So the way it plays out is: intro/ride with sound, 3 condor flats area songs, boarding music loop, ride without sound effects, 3 more condor flats area songs, repeat.

For as little amount of my time that this required (2 days or so, around other work and helping the wife make and jar strawberry jam), i think it came out excellent and I really wish I had done it sooner.
1978: WDW MK, River Country -- Fort Wilderness
1985: WDW MK, EPCOT, River Country -- Polynesian
2011: DLR, DCA (one day)
2012: WDW Poly (one evening)
All of that, and part of me is still there.

jrmswell
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Re: Soarin and Living Seas updates!

Post by jrmswell » Jul Sun 12, 2015 3:58 pm

And very nice it is too
All Round Biped (Speices Still Pending)

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Jul Tue 14, 2015 10:58 am

Does anyone have a full tracklist for the Soarin' channel that they'd be willing t post?
Thanks!

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jul Mon 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Got another "Soarin'" question: in the Soarin' channel, there's a track called "Loading Loop 5 (Soarin')" that I really love, but it doesn't seem like it's available to request on the request channel. None of the other Soarin'-related tracks seem to fit the timing of the "Loading Loop 5" track . . . but I could be wrong. Anyone know if "Loading Loop 5" is available to request under a different title or (alternatively) where I could get my mitts on a copy of it?