Your Subsonic Selections!

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Feb Tue 26, 2008 5:22 pm

I love all of the epcot entrance music medleys. But my favorite by far has to be the Staves church from norway I will request it any chance I get.

jenipen
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jenipen » Feb Tue 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Yensidaj wrote:But my favorite by far has to be the Staves church from norway.
Yes, that's an absolutely gorgeous piece! Does anyone know what group recorded it?

Jeni in MA

Discomick

Post by Discomick » Feb Wed 27, 2008 3:01 am

Some are just plain ole classics that everyone likes. But, there's a couple that just take me back to when I was a kid again like the RCA theme from Space Mountain. Everytime you would walk into Space Mountain back in the 70's-80's that RCA theme would be playing at it just brings back a lot of good memories.

lebeau
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by lebeau » Feb Wed 27, 2008 9:32 am

I tend to go for songs I consider "catchy" more so than things that make me nostalgic for the parks. Often, these are one and the same. I like most of the parade music, so I'll pick those if they are available. If a lot of music from the Nemo musical is available, I'll play a run of that. Unfortunately, I can never get the whole thing at one time!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Thu 28, 2008 10:13 am

I have my favorites and most of the time, they are background music pieces. For some reason, I feel like swimming when I'm listening to the Living Seas background; I feel like I'm in the 80s when I'm listening to WOL BGM. Illuminations Pre show music remindsm me of all the good times I had listening to it every single night I worked.

I'm just a background music geek, especially the real well done instrumental pieces....You should see me in the parks when I hear my favorite BGM, I'll start humming along to it, maybe even dancing to it lol
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Nicc513
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Nicc513 » Feb Thu 28, 2008 1:33 pm

I'm totally guilty of the "nostalgia" requests! But it's not always music. I'm one of those people that request monorail tracks just for fun because they totally take me back.

And even though I'm not sure that I've actually requested it myself (it's really popular), I love hearing the American Experience full attraction cut. It still gives me chills just like it did every time I would see it at Epcot. I love to blast it into my headphones.
Last edited by Nicc513 on Jul Wed 16, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

blinkereye123
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by blinkereye123 » Mar Mon 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Hey folks. When it comes to SubSonic tracks I'm all over the place. Usually I tend to request tracks that are familiar when I'm puttering around the house. Every so often I'll look for tracks of things that are unfamiliar, (such past attractions, international parks, and rare, one-time special events). On occasion I'll even try some background music when I'm having a meal, (pathetic, I know), but then again if it's a live track it's almost like dinner theater. :lol: Anyway, it's a good thing I found a place that caters to my weird tastes now and again. Well, until next time, peace.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Fri 14, 2008 12:25 am

Also, if you want to share your favorites, you can link to your treasured tracks :)

http://www.subsonicradio.com/user/treasures.php?id=2
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Mar Sun 16, 2008 10:27 am

pretty much pick only from rides, or area music that I enjoy most.
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Mar Sun 16, 2008 7:12 pm

My requests are for bringing back memories like Horizons, and I like the music of a lot of my requests also (Innoventions area music).

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Mon 19, 2008 5:12 pm

I like the Innoventions loop. Just reminds of the whole Epcot atmosphere.

figment34786
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by figment34786 » May Mon 19, 2008 7:10 pm

princessara wrote:I basically just pick out songs that i like to listen to they all just make me feel like i'm back at the parks!!!
That's me too!

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » May Mon 19, 2008 7:56 pm

figment34786 wrote:
princessara wrote:I basically just pick out songs that i like to listen to they all just make me feel like i'm back at the parks!!!
That's me too!
Me too, too! :)

And there are a few that I just really like.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Mon 19, 2008 10:08 pm

I like the parades like Stars in Motor Cars, Spectromagic, and Share a Dream Come true. I find these really calm me down when I am tense studying for a test. Also, I can throw Philharmagic into that mix.

Since, I can't listen to these tracks whenever I want, I usually throw on the soarin' music. It is really calm and soothing to listen too.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » May Tue 20, 2008 8:22 am

I love DL Fantasyland tracks, because it brings back fun memories of riding Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan, Mr. Toads, etc. and they also happen to be some of my fav Disney movies too!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"