Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

mozorising
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

epcot - food rocks soundtrack

Post by mozorising » Apr Wed 30, 2008 9:00 am

Good morning,

My name is Stefano Tucciarelli and I'm a journalist from Italy.

We are working on a book about Peter Gabriel that will be released next year and we would like to mention the song HIGH FIBER – PITA GABRIEL sung to the tune of Peter Gabriel’s Sledgehammer performed during the FOOD ROCKS show

Do you know where we can get a high quality recording of the track HIGH FIBER?

I doubt that the music of the show was officially released on CD / VHS / DVD. Can you confirm?

I found on Epcot Center Dvd's the following video: THE LAND. Dvd features un-cut shows of Food Rocks. Do you know this dvd? How is the quality? Is it an home made dvd or is it an official release?

You Tube is full of excerpts of the show, unfortunately the audio/video quality is really bad

thanks for your collaboration

Stefano Tucciarelli
p.s. sorry for my terrible english

mozorising
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by mozorising » May Thu 01, 2008 11:47 am

was it a weird question?
stefano

artbaum
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by artbaum » May Thu 01, 2008 10:46 pm

No, it was a good question. I'm not particularly familiar with the show, but I will try to help.

The DVD you found is not an official Disney release, but I believe it is a documentary-style DVD that is higher quality than "homemade." It is probably a good source of information if you are looking for information about the show, although if you just want to hear that one song I couldn't tell you what the quality of the live show recording is.

I was a little surprised that the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" official album of Walt Disney World from 2005 had the Kitchen Kabaret medley instead of Food Rocks, but you're right... I don't think it's been officially released on CD or video.

The version on Subsonic Radio is probably pretty good (although compressed to mp3 for internet streaming)... I think it's "futureworld - the land - food rocks - 5 of 9."

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Mon 05, 2008 11:39 am

Stefano, please come visit me in the chat or IM me. I might be able to help.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Mon 19, 2008 5:07 pm

I always wondered why they didn't have "Pita" in Food Rocks sing Supper's Ready......He could have come out in his flower costume.....but I digress.

earningmyfins
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Foodrocks

Post by earningmyfins » Jul Thu 10, 2008 10:32 pm

I love FoodRocks and was pretty shocked also when they didn't add the audio to the Happiest Place on Earth CD.
Try searching on google for it or a file sharing site (limewire or imeem). :wink:

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jul Fri 11, 2008 1:09 am

Food rocks wasn't really as good as Kitchen Kabaret, which was probably why it didn't last that long. Kitchen Kabaret only had mostly only one song itself that made it onto WDW albums, Veggie Fruit Fruit if thats what it called. I'm not surprised that none of the food rock songs ever made it to cd, they were mostly just bad silly covers, a little like the new Tiki Room Show Of WDW.