Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Tue 02, 2010 2:27 pm

It ain't about politics. It's about good Christian principles. In fact, not just Christian principles.... common sense! The stuff that works and makes for strong, successful individuals, families, businesses and communities. That's something that's not limited to any political party. I hate politics.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Mousekedude wrote:It ain't about politics. It's about good Christian principles. In fact, not just Christian principles.... common sense! The stuff that works and makes for strong, successful individuals, families, businesses and communities. That's something that's not limited to any political party. I hate politics.
Please take away his soap box!!!

Seriously I understand you Bro!! It's just when we remember the past, we tend to only remember it like we wanted it to be!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:It ain't about politics. It's about good Christian principles. In fact, not just Christian principles.... common sense! The stuff that works and makes for strong, successful individuals, families, businesses and communities. That's something that's not limited to any political party. I hate politics.
Please take away his soap box!!!

Seriously I understand you Bro!! It's just when we remember the past, we tend to only remember it like we wanted it to be!
Naw, we don't do th...oh wait, hold a sec, I still got my rose-colored glasses still on... :wink:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Tue 02, 2010 3:08 pm

*standing ovation*
I hear ya Mousekedude! I am deeply saddened by the state of our society. Your words described my feelings exactly. Including the "I hate politics"!!!! I do too! But unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about the existence of politics. So I vote and hope for the best :?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Tue 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: Please take away his soap box!!!

Here, I'll gladly hand over my soapbox.... :lol:

Good point about remembering the past, but the kind of good attitudes and principles I'm talking about are timeless. It's just a sad fact of modern life that they are not as common as they used to be in the past. Not saying there weren't problems and bad people in "the old days".... just saying that there were more good things around to counter their effect. No one can deny that life is crazier and more complicated now. Disney theme park audio is just balm to my weary soul....

MmeLeota: thanks... I figured you'd be one who understands. :wink:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I understand!! I'm a parent and there are things (even growing up in Brooklyn) that I was allowed to do, that there is no way I'd let my teenagers do!! There are to many freaks out there. I don't think there a more per capita, I just think there are more people, so there are just more freaks by sheer numbers!!

I did grow up with Race Riots, Vietnam Protest, Political Violence, Corrupt Politicians and just your everyday unrest in our country. Come to think of it, it hasn't changed all that much!! I guess that's why we find our refuge in Disney!!

GOD BLESS Walter E Disney!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Tue 02, 2010 5:11 pm

M-Dude... You KNOW I agree with you on this one. I just had a really long meeting today and haven't been able to chime in yet.

I listen to this audio as it reminds me of the feeling I get when I'm in the parks. I don't know anything about the outside world while I am on property (except for when I turn on ESPN to check scores as I am getting ready to go to bed). In fact, one of the worst moments I can remember while on a Disney property was the day of the Columbine shootings. I remember turning on the news in our room and seeing that and the magic we had been feeling from our trip just disappeared instantly. I never want to feel that again, so I don't turn on the news while we are there anymore. Disney is our escape from reality. I just want to be enveloped in the magic and this music brings that feeling to me every time.

So thanks again Subsonic for creating this place, to rdeacon and all the behind the scenes peoples who keep this place going.

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dichuy » Nov Tue 02, 2010 6:43 pm

NaCler wrote:so I don't turn on the news while we are there anymore. Disney is our escape from reality. I just want to be enveloped in the magic and this music brings that feeling to me every time.
I'm the same way when I'm at Disney. The only station I watch on TV while there is the hotel station.
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Re:

Post by davea61 » Dec Wed 01, 2010 1:30 pm

rich wrote:Because it reminds me of fun, and memories of rides gone to Yesterland. But mostly it entertains my mind during the tedious hours of work.
I agree with you Rich, these tracks always remind me of fun and bring back memories. I also like to listen because it gives me something to look forward too. I can't wait to be back at the parks listening to all my favorites. I always remind my family to use all their senses will visiting the parks. Beautiful sights, great smells, awesome music, delicious foods...it doesn't get any better.

mringgenberg
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by mringgenberg » Dec Sat 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Good relaxation. Good memories, including extinct attractions that are not forgotten. And you've got to admit, they can be catchy.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Dec Sun 05, 2010 12:06 am

I'm the same way when I'm at Disney. The only station I watch on TV while there is the hotel station.
I definitely agree with that. The resort tv tracks are among my favorite to listen to.

disneydew
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by disneydew » Dec Fri 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Disney theme park audio brings me back to my childhood going to the parks, and that was my happiest memories as a child.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Dec Sun 19, 2010 7:44 pm

disneydew wrote:Disney theme park audio brings me back to my childhood going to the parks, and that was my happiest memories as a child.
Exactly the same reason why I tune in. First i turn on the computer and then sub sonic, then I can do the rest of my work!

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Jan Sun 09, 2011 3:22 pm

i mostly like listening to epcot mk stuff, makes me feel like im back there

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Fri 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Without having read all of the previous 195 posts, I think it's save to assume that most people listen to the Theme Park Audio to revive their memories of their visits to the parks. Listening to it (ideally with closed eyes) makes you feel like being in the parks, your brain conjures up the fitting images to the music you're listening to.
That's of course also one of my reasons for listening to my own collection and Subsonic.

But I think it's the music itself, too, which invites me to listen to it. Disney created some great tunes for the Parks and their films, they're too good not to be listened to. Ultimately, it's a mixture of both of that - and maybe even more, I guess :goofy_bounce: