Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

onjejank
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Re: Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Post by onjejank » Sep Sun 26, 2010 9:04 pm

For me, it's all about EPCOT Center (and I specifically mean the one with the "Center" on the end). It's a unique challenge that EPCOT is still there and exists, but it's a shell of the place it originally was: where education and the pursuit of the greater good was paramount. So, I listen to Horizons, Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, and Imagination to challenge myself to continue to explore and discover every day and to challenge my kids to do the same.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 26, 2010 9:17 pm

For me the reason I like it is the tracks are long (for the loops) and when I am working they are great as I can keep the music to a single flowing piece rather than jump from song to song.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Sun 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:For me the reason I like it is the tracks are long (for the loops) and when I am working they are great as I can keep the music to a single flowing piece rather than jump from song to song.
That is a great thing. I really enjoy how the long loops help keep the mind focused to your work or in my case the studies.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sat 16, 2010 9:16 pm

onjejank wrote:For me, it's all about EPCOT Center (and I specifically mean the one with the "Center" on the end). It's a unique challenge that EPCOT is still there and exists, but it's a shell of the place it originally was: where education and the pursuit of the greater good was paramount. So, I listen to Horizons, Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, and Imagination to challenge myself to continue to explore and discover every day and to challenge my kids to do the same.
I believe you can find several other topic threads on this forum where we all rant about the same way concerning EPCOT's detioration from its original, former glory.

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by lonepalm » Oct Mon 18, 2010 1:50 pm

I like listening so I can hear the attractions that are no longer there, or my current favorites that I cannot get enough of. Also, on those days I wish I was there, I listen to ease that (as best as it can at least). Love this site/ station!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Nov Mon 01, 2010 11:31 am

I listen at work and enjoy having it play in the background when I'm at my desk. I sometimes get weird looks from people who walk in and out or walk by. Especially the when the BTM town music plays!

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dichuy » Nov Mon 01, 2010 2:11 pm

mindflipper wrote:
onjejank wrote:For me, it's all about EPCOT Center (and I specifically mean the one with the "Center" on the end). It's a unique challenge that EPCOT is still there and exists, but it's a shell of the place it originally was: where education and the pursuit of the greater good was paramount. So, I listen to Horizons, Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, and Imagination to challenge myself to continue to explore and discover every day and to challenge my kids to do the same.
I believe you can find several other topic threads on this forum where we all rant about the same way concerning EPCOT's detioration from its original, former glory.
I'm torn between finding those threads about EPCOT but am worried I'll end up angry. The Land is the only thing that is what EPCOT was suppose to be about.

I like listening to the older tracks from the 70s. I flip between being so happy, with the memories, and about to cry, over the rides no longer there. I like the newer parks, but to me, Walt Disney World will first and foremost be the Magic Kingdom.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 01, 2010 2:19 pm

That's because you, like me, remember the early days when WDW was the MK!!

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Nov Mon 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:That's because you, like me, remember the early days when WDW was the MK!!
I thought of you when I was writing that post--exactly for that reason! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Tue 02, 2010 9:21 am

I like listening to Theme Park Audio because it's a reminder to me that in the midst of this corrupt, decaying world, there are still some small island sanctuaries of decency and happiness. Disney takes my heart back to a time when people were interested in honor and doing the right thing, not trying to redefine right and wrong to fit their personal preferences. A time when love of neighbor was as important as love of self, and rude people were the exception, not the norm. A time when people accepted that their personal rights did not give them license to trample the rights of others. A time when a community of people could rally together in times of trouble instead of wasting all their time arguing about whose fault the trouble was. A time when hard work and dedication led to rewards for the worker, not frustration at having his hard-earned money taken from him to be given to those who refuse to work. A time when people would say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" instead of saying "society owes me because I'm a victim."
Disney represents the memory of better times, and fun wholesome entertainment. It's a happier place, and Theme Park Audio takes me there.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 02, 2010 9:41 am

Ms. Texas will now start her one reign and visit all 50 states!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 02, 2010 11:45 am

Mousekedude wrote:I like listening to Theme Park Audio because it's a reminder to me that in the midst of this corrupt, decaying world, there are still some small island sanctuaries of decency and happiness. Disney takes my heart back to a time when people were interested in honor and doing the right thing, not trying to redefine right and wrong to fit their personal preferences. A time when love of neighbor was as important as love of self, and rude people were the exception, not the norm. A time when people accepted that their personal rights did not give them license to trample the rights of others. A time when a community of people could rally together in times of trouble instead of wasting all their time arguing about whose fault the trouble was. A time when hard work and dedication led to rewards for the worker, not frustration at having his hard-earned money taken from him to be given to those who refuse to work. A time when people would say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" instead of saying "society owes me because I'm a victim."
Disney represents the memory of better times, and fun wholesome entertainment. It's a happier place, and Theme Park Audio takes me there.
Wow! You get all that from listening/visting theme parks? :shock: I just like visiting/listening because its fun... :mrgreen: :mickey:

You're not gonna start the Subsonic Tea Party, are you? 8-) :wink:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 02, 2010 11:53 am

mindflipper wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:I like listening to Theme Park Audio because it's a reminder to me that in the midst of this corrupt, decaying world, there are still some small island sanctuaries of decency and happiness. Disney takes my heart back to a time when people were interested in honor and doing the right thing, not trying to redefine right and wrong to fit their personal preferences. A time when love of neighbor was as important as love of self, and rude people were the exception, not the norm. A time when people accepted that their personal rights did not give them license to trample the rights of others. A time when a community of people could rally together in times of trouble instead of wasting all their time arguing about whose fault the trouble was. A time when hard work and dedication led to rewards for the worker, not frustration at having his hard-earned money taken from him to be given to those who refuse to work. A time when people would say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" instead of saying "society owes me because I'm a victim."
Wow! You get all that from listening/visting theme parks? :shock: I just like visiting/listening because its fun... :mrgreen: :mickey:

You're not gonna start the Subsonic Tea Party, are you? 8-) :wink:
Yea, lets talk about how we wish things had been, way back never!! Tea Baggers!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Yea, lets talk about how we wish things had been, way back never!! Tea Baggers!!
Whoa there, Jacca5660! Heel, boy, heel! No biting! Am I going to have to put you back on the leash so you will play nice with Mousekedude?

Mousekedude: have you finally eaten that pork chop around your neck yet? Sounds like Jacca5660 is foaming-at-the-mouth hungry at the moment! :wink: :lol:
Last edited by mindflipper on Nov Tue 02, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 02, 2010 12:17 pm

I got ya DOG!! ImageImage