Subsonic Radio Throughout The House!

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Dec Thu 28, 2006 1:50 pm

I have the D-Link DSM-320 Media Lounge, which also handles Internet streams. The only bummer is when I listen to Subsonic it plays through Windows Media Player and I don't get the song tags. Are you able to see the track info in your Roku, or does it just say "Subsonic Radio"?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Dec Thu 28, 2006 2:04 pm

Looks like I found my must have for Christmas 2007!

lol

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Dec Thu 28, 2006 7:33 pm

I should also mention a great media server that works with both the Roku and the DSM320, plus most other UPNP devices.

www.tversity.com

Free, easy, great. Serves up many formats unsupported by the manufacturer's original software.

ttztotdca50
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by ttztotdca50 » Dec Fri 29, 2006 10:01 am

Yikes... and I thought my setup was complicated (speakers linked through a sound splitter)!
Eleka Nahmun Nahmun Atum Atum Eleka Nahmun

Sub Ride Count: 1

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Jan Mon 01, 2007 9:51 pm

Yah we have friends that have that setup with speakers in almost every room, Its really cool, so no mopre rushing back or letting your food get cold to finishing hearing a song.

DISNEYman
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DISNEYman » Jan Mon 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Wow, I'm glad the users on here have the time to find solutions for us to get our Subsonic fixes elsewhere in the house. We have surround sound speakers, so I would love to listen to Horizons loops or Soarin' Over California music with amplified sound.

Thanks.

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jan Tue 02, 2007 10:43 am

Pretty interesting stuff. Luckily I live in an apartment so I can hear the music in all my rooms if my PC is playing it
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Wed 03, 2007 2:26 pm

I use 900Mhz wireless speakers throughout the house. They work amazingly well.

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » Jan Thu 04, 2007 9:13 am

I have done something similar with a little box by Jensen used for wireless headphones. There is a transmitter plugged into the speaker jack of the PC and then a receiver plugged into my home theater receiver. I can crank it up plenty loud to cover the whole house and get Disney in matrixed 7.1 surround sound. The litte thing cost me about $19 at Best Buy.
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 09, 2009 9:42 pm

I use my computer as the hub of my home entertainment center. I use my TV in the living room as my second monitor for my computer and then use the output from the TV to route (through a line amp) to other TVs in the house (including my man cave). I also use a line amp and split the audio out from my computer. I then run it to my surround sound system, different TVs, and stereos through the house.

It gets a bit complicated but I'm a low volt tech AKA wire monkey. My wife doesn't mind me running wire as long as she can't see 'em or trip over 'em. I'm lucky my house has a crawl space and cellar. All of this affords us Subsonic through out the house!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Sat 10, 2009 12:38 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I use my computer as the hub of my home entertainment center. I use my TV in the living room as my second monitor for my computer and then use the output from the TV to route (through a line amp) to other TVs in the house (including my man cave). I also use a line amp and split the audio out from my computer. I then run it to my surround sound system, different TVs, and stereos through the house.

It gets a bit complicated but I'm a low volt tech AKA wire monkey. My wife doesn't mind me running wire as long as she can't see 'em or trip over 'em. I'm lucky my house has a crawl space and cellar. All of this affords us Subsonic through out the house!
Wow that is an intense set-up. I don't even want to think of all the work it took to wire that up. Just thinking of all those wires can give you a headache.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Jacca5660, I can totally relate! I am an old-school low-tech wires-and-splitters kind of guy, too! Not because I'm not capable of understanding all the new high-tech wizardry, mind you, but mainly because that's what I'm used to and what I can afford for the time being. You should have seen our place for the WDW Today live podcast in September. We had both laptops set up in the living room with a cable to the big screen TV from one, and an audio cable to the surround sound system from the other (the reason for that is a long story...). Anyway, like I said, I can really relate to the wire thing.... :mrgreen: My wife calls me McGyver because I'm always rigging or wiring up something for some reason....

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 13, 2009 10:19 pm

My DW (Dear Wife) calls me a PAIN-In-THE-A** because of all the wiring I do. But it is what I do professionally and it's done to code (When there is a code). I am the only one who can trouble shoot my system because the wiring diagram is in my head.

It would be cheaper and quicker to do it all wireless. I understand and can do wireless, I just prefer the stability and reliability of hard wired!! 8-) :idea:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Dec Tue 29, 2009 10:52 pm

My wife won't let me wire anything! :shock: